Research into the impact of home learning demonstrates that when homework tasks are specific and focused on the learning that is taking place in school, they have the most impact.
The aims of our home learning policy are:
- To support and strengthen children’s current learning.
- To prepare them for future learning.
- To support children to keep up, not catch up.
- To support children with additional needs.
- To give all children the opportunity to secure basic skills in reading, maths and spelling.
- To bridge the gap between home and school; providing parents and carers with direct involvement in their child’s learning.
- To provide consistency across the school, to support parents with knowing what to expect.
For further information please see our Home Learning Policy.